Are you sick of spending $4 or $5 per pound of granola from your local bulk section? Have you ever tried making your own? It’s soo easy and you can fill it with whatever your heart (& your stomach) desires! This granola is more like a template, so feel free to add or leave out whatever you’d like from this recipe. This makes A LOT of granola, so you might want to make only half, but you’ll be set on breakfast for a while if you make it all at once. Enjoy!
Hemp Cherry Nut Granola:
- 10 cup of oats
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 c. maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1-2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup tart cherries
- 1/2 roughly chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/2 roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
1) Mix maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, flax meal together in a small bowl set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix oats, salt, coconut, fruit, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, and orange zest in a small bowl.
3) Add liquid mixture from the small bowl to the large bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
3) Bake in batches, spreading each batch out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes in a 300 deg F oven.
4) Cool on baking sheet before transferring to containers.
5) Enjoy and be thankful you won’t be ripped off by the granola in your local bulk section!